Known as both the "City of Festivals" and the "Bavarian City of the Rockies," it's not just the European alpine theme that makes the picturesque little city of Kimberley, BC a popular tourist destination. Stroll through the downtown core and visit the unique shops and architecture. Places to eat are plentiful in Kimberley with coffee shops, bistros, pubs and fine dining. While in Kimberley visit "Happy Hans" the town mascot and Canada's largest freestanding cuckoo clock who will yodel for you if fed a dollar.
Places to Eat
High Country vacation homes include full kitchens completely outfitted for preparing meals and entertaining. But sometimes, when on vacation, it’s nice to have someone else do the cooking and clean up. We have chosen a handful of restaurants at Kimberley, BC that we think you will enjoy.
Breakfast & Snacks:
- The Bean Tree – breakfast, light lunches, hot and cold drinks, outdoor seating
- Our Place – specializing in breakfast and brunch, open until 2 pm in the middle of town
- Kimberley City Bakery – fresh baked goods, French and Swiss inspired, hot and cold drinks
- BJ’s Breakfast – offering breakfast menu and breakfast buffet – simple style
- The Old Bauernhaus – serving German cuisine, historical building, good atmosphere for larger groups, family friendly
- Bear’s Eatery – Known for home style food, large portions and casual atmosphere
- Pedal & Tap – pub style food in a minimalist environment, not a “typical sports pub”
- Nina’s Hillside Garden – serving lunch only, a unique setting amongst a miniature village and gardens
- The Village Bistro – cozy atmosphere with upscale menu options